The Holy Cross Church is a Roman Catholic church in the Bornheim district of Frankfurt am Main . It is similar in design to the Frauenfriedenskirche, also in Frankfurt. It was built by Martin Weber from 1928 to 1929, on a rise then known as Bornheimer Hang. The church is an unusual example of interwar modernism as sacred architecture of Bauhaus architecture.
The church was finally completed on 25 August 1929 and handed to the Catholic congregation of Bornheim. It was damaged in the Second World War, and afterwards rebuilt with money donated for the purpose.
Copyright: CC 3.0
Frankfurt am Main