Mainz-Laubenheim is a southern quarter of Mainz and is located south of the A60 autobahn and west of the B9 highway on the banks of the Rhine.
The first documented mention of Mainz-Laubenheim was in 773 AD, under the name Nubenheim. In 1801, Laubenheim came under French possession, and in 1816 was taken over by the Grand Duchy of Hessen. On 8 June 1969, Laubenheim became part of the city of Mainz.
Copyright: CC 3.0