Jagdbombergeschwader 32 was a fighter-bomber wing of the German Air Force . The wing was based in the south of Germany at Lechfeld Airbase and flew Tornado IDS and Tornado ECR planes in the Suppression of Enemy Air Defenses role.
The wing was raised during 1957 on Lechfeld Air Base was officially activated on 22 July 1958. Initially equipped with Republic F-84F Thunderstreak fighters, the wing began to receive Lockheed F-104 Starfighters during 1965 and the last Thunderstreak left Lechfeld Air Base on 13 July 1966. In 1984 the wing began its conversion to Panavia Tornado IDS strike fighters. In 1991 the wing was equipped with 35 new Tornado ECR fighters and began its new mission as Germany's only suppression of enemy air defenses capable wing.
Copyright: CC 3.0