Geyen is situated at the old road from Pulheim to Brauweiler. Additionally the "Pulheimer Bach", or stream of Pulheim flows through Geyen.
Originally Geyen was called villa Gegina in 962 AD.
Politically Geyen belonged to the office of Bergheim and to the duchy of Jülich. 1794 French troops occupied Geyen, which meant it belonged to the Arrondissement de Cologne in the Département de la Roer. After that Geyen came to belong to the Kingdom of Prussia in 1815.
In recent times Geyen belonged to Pulheim , then to Brauweiler and then since 1975 it belongs to Pulheim again.
Copyright: CC 3.0