Benniehausen

Village

DE |

Public | German

Source: Dehio

Copyright: CC 3.0

The village of 349 residents is located in the Gartetal {valley} on the old trade route between Göttingen and Duderstadt, lying some eight kilometers south-west of the former city. Construction of the village's half-timbered church began in 1779. The community has a prize-winning volunteer fire department. Community organizations include a senior citizens club .
Benniehausen and the surrounding area have been inhabited since the Paleolithic. In nearby Niedeck, there is the ruin of an ancient fort, which was excavated in the 1990s

Source: Wikipedia.org

Copyright: CC 3.0

More information

Address

Göttingen
Germany

Sponsored links

More about this place of interest

Routes nearby

Related channels

Sponsored links

© 2006-2017 RouteYou - www.routeyou.com