The Jenisch park is the oldest landscaped park in Hamburg, Germany, located in the Othmarschen quarter at the Geest shore of River Elbe. Of the area of 43 ha , 8 are a protected. Two museums, Jenisch House and Ernst Barlach House, are located within the park. Flottbek River flows through the park and into the Elbe at Teufelsbrück.
Caspar Voght acquired the area along with further nearby fields near Flottbek village from 1785 to 1805. There were four parts: Süderpark , Norderpark, , Osterpark , and Westerpark . Voght had been inspired by the Leasowes estate of English poet William Shenstone. The area was planned as a rural or ornamented farm and a Mustergut . He designed it along with landscape gardener James Booth.
Copyright: CC 3.0