The Graach Gate is the last remaining town gate of the German town of Bernkastel-Kues. The name Graach refers to the neighbouring village of Graach connected by a narrow road to the gate. Currently the building is used as a museum of local history.
The Graach gate was built in 1300 as part of a town wall protecting the town of Bernkastel against foreign aggression. In 1689 it was partly destroyed by French troops under Louis XIV of France.
Copyright: CC 3.0