Dudeldorf Castle is the most important monument in the parish of Dudeldorf in the district of Bitburg-Prüm in the German state of Rhineland-Palatinate. The castle is in the northwest corner of the former village walls of Dudeldorf. It was built in 1345 and restored 1451–53.
The original Dudeldorf Castle was built in the 12th century, although the exact date is not known. A lord of Dudeldorf is recorded in 1052. In the 14th century this aristocratic family became extinct.
Copyright: CC 3.0