Löbtau is a district or Stadtteil in south-west Dresden, Germany. It is part of the Ortsamtsbereich Cotta. It borders the districts of Friedrichstadt, Cotta, Gorbitz, Naußlitz, Dolzschen, Plauen and Südvorstadt.
First mentioned in 1068 Löbtau has found a "Liubituwa" , as the German King Henry IV missed two hooves from his collection to the diocese of Meissen. Löbtau it one of the oldest recorded settlements in the Elbe Valley. Its history dates back probably to the time of the Sorbs.
Copyright: CC 3.0