Paplitz is a village, part of the town of Baruth/Mark and a former municipality in the Teltow-Fläming district, in Brandenburg, Germany. It is situated in the Glogau-Baruther Urstromtal at the border of the Fläming Heath, 3 km west of Baruth and 53 km south of Berlin.
Paplitz, like most places in Brandenburg, was originally a Slavic settlement. It was first mentioned in a charter of the Bishopric of Brandenburg in 1363. Its name may derive from the Wendish term Popelicz meaning poplar grove.
Copyright: CC 3.0