Bad Colberg-Heldburg is a municipality in the region Heldburger Land in the district of Hildburghausen, in Thuringia, Germany. It is situated 16 km south of Hildburghausen, and 18 km west of Coburg.
First Heldburg was called in the issued 837, October 17 certificate no. 507 of the Code Eberhardi. Sigibald, executor of Count Asis, rendered in goods in Heldburg and other places to the monastery of Fulda. Heldburg received city status on 2 December 1394, the Council's 1396 witnessed and held the low courts to a limited extent. In the 16th century Heldburg was attached. The City Church "Unserer lieben Frau" stood in the Middle Ages the country chapter Coburg the diocese Würzburg. The castle Veste Heldburg was first mentioned in 1317 as a possession of the Counts of Henneberg. It became a territory in 1353 of the Burgraves of Nuremberg and in 1374 became part of the Wettin family holdings.
Copyright: CC 3.0