Groß Düngen is a village in the borough of Bad Salzdetfurth, in the north German state of Lower Saxony. It lies in the Innerste valley southeast of the county town of Hildesheim on the B 243 federal highway.
The first recorded mention of the village dates to the year 1085. Until the demise of ecclesiastical principalities the village belonged to the Little Hildesheim Stift and is therefore among the so-called Catholic Stift villages. This is especially noticeably in the baroque parish church of St. Cosmas and Damian built in 1733; its tower also depicts the village coat of arms.
Copyright: CC 3.0