Hirschsprung is a village in the eastern Ore Mountains in Saxony, Germany. It is 35 kilometres south of Dresden, 6 kilometres from Czech border. Since 1965 it has been part of the town of Altenberg.
First documented writing about the area around is dated 1464. It was signed by the knight Walzig at his castle Bärenstein. In 1491 a road from Altenberg on Dippoldiswalde to Dresden has been created. The settlement is mentioned in old documents in 1747 as Hirschbrunn and Hirschsprung. The first house of settlement was a forester's house.
Copyright: CC 3.0