Places of Interest nearby
Location address: Deutschland, Hildburghausen
Number of texts: 1
First mentioned in 1100 under the name Glychon, in 1182 Glychon an der Wysen and Glychon am Berg are referenced. Over much of history, the village was under control of von Bibra family . Much of the manor house still exists.
The village received the right to hold a market in 1743 and commerce flourished. Before WWI, about one third of the population was Jewish. A Jewish cemetery is outside of town.