Public | Dutch
Svaneke Church is located in the small town of Svaneke on the Danish island of Bornholm. It stands above the harbour at a height of 18 metres on the site of a small chapel which appears to have existed for quite some time before the town received its charter in the 16th century. The church was expanded over the years, the tower and spire being completed in 1789. In 1881, virtually the whole building was rebuilt by architect Mathias Bidstrup of Rønne, leaving only the tower and a small section of the south wall.
Copyright: Creative Commons 3.0
© 2006-2018 RouteYou - www.routeyou.com