Places of Interest nearby
Number of texts: 1
The town hall of Cádiz’‘s Old City is constructed on the bases and location of the previous Consistorial Houses (1699). It was built in two stages. The first stage began in 1799 under the direction of architect Torcuato Benjumeda in the neoclassical style. The second stage was completed in 1861 under the direction of García del Alamo, in the Isabelline Gothic (in Spanish, “Gótico Isabelino” or, simply, the “Isabelino”) style. Here, in 1936, the flag of Andalusia was hoisted for the first time.