The Plaza Monumental de Barcelona, often known simply as La Monumental (Catalan pronunciation: [ɫə munumənˈtaɫ]), is a bullring in the city of Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain. It was the last bullfighting arena in commercial operation in Catalonia. It was inaugurated in 1914 under the name Plaza de El Sport and was immediately expanded and renamed in 1916 with its current name. It is situated at the confluence of the Gran Via and Carrer Marina (Marina Street) in the Eixample district. It has a capacity of 19,582 within 26 rows of lines, boxes, and bleachers on the first floor inside and a superior barrage surrounding the building.
Copyright: CC 3.0