The Palacio de los Reyes de Navarra (Basque: Nafarroako Erregeen jauregia), also called the Palacio de los Duques de Granada de Ega, is a historical building in Estella, Spain; it is the Romanesque former royal palace of the Kings and Queens of Navarre from the late twelfth century to the mid-fifteenth. In the twentieth century the building, which had fallen into disrepair, was restored and in 1991 converted into the Museo Gustavo de Maeztu (Basque: Gustavo de Maeztu Museoa), housing the work of the painter Gustavo de Maeztu y Whitney and open to the public. The building is important in the history of architecture in Navarre, since it is the only civil building extant from the Romanesque period. In 1931, it was declared a national monument by the Spanish government.
Copyright: CC 3.0