Saint Peter of Nora is a Roman Catholic Pre-Romanesque church, located in Las Regueras, Spain, beside the Nora river, about 12 km from Oviedo. The church is recorded for the first time in a donation document of Alfonso III of Asturias in 905.
Given its similarities with the church of San Julián de los Prados and the church of Santa María de Bendones, it was probably built in the times of Alfonso II of Asturias. Declared National Monument in 1931, the church burnt in 1936 during the Spanish Civil War. It was rebuilt by Luis Menéndez Pidal y Alvarez.
Copyright: CC 3.0