The Salón de Reinos (Hall of the Kingdoms) or salón grande (great hall) is a wing of the Buen Retiro Palace in Madrid. Built between 1630 and 1635, it housed the largest paintings in the royal collection, now all in the Museo del Prado. It is named after its paintings of the coats of arms of the 24 kingdoms which formed the Kingdom of Spain at the time of Philip IV of Spain. It was also known as the Museo del Ejército, after the museum housed in it until 2010, when that museum's collections were moved to the Alcázar of Toledo. The Salón de Reinos and the Casón del Buen Retiro are the only survivors of the original grand scheme of the palace.
Copyright: CC 3.0