The Museum of Almería is one of the most important museums in the Almerian province and maintains the largest collection of archaeological remains in Almería. The Museum is situated in Almería (Andalusia, Spain), Carretera de Ronda Street, 91. In 2006 the museum moved to a new building designed by Ignacio García Pedrosa y Ángela García de Paredes. The building won two awards (PAD and ARCO) in 2004. This building was also finalist in 2005 in the Fostering Arts and Design (FAD) Awards and it in 2008 an honorable mention by the European Museum of the Year contest which took place in the European Museum Forum. The museum has been a public institution since 1934, marking its 80th anniversary in 2014.
Copyright: CC 3.0