The stone circus Cirque Jules Verne is one of the seven stones circuses that France still holds. It was originally a wooden circus that was built in 1875. In 1886 the city of Amiens took the decision to replace it with a stone circus. The name of Jules Verne, in these times, advising the city of Amiens, was given to the circus. Since then, many companies are circus performances, such as Barnum and Bailey Circus, the Circus Annie Fratellini to name but a few. But not only circus companies have used the complex, including singers such as Ray Charles and many other artists performed here. The circus was over two years for a complete renovation closed, and reopened in November 2003. They mainly work on the dome to the original look of yesteryear to give back.