The Arboretum de Grignon is an arboretum located within the campus of the Institut des sciences et industries du vivant et de l'environnement on Avenue Lucien Brétignières, Thiverval-Grignon, Yvelines, Île-de-France, France. It is closed to the public but may be visited by groups.
The arboretum was established in 1873 by Pierre Mouillefert, professor at Grignon, who published in 1896 a pamphlet describing the arboretum at that date; however, it was lost in 1940. The arboretum grew gradually over time, with the most recent plantings between 1976-1978. Various of the trees were labeled in 1975 by Mr. George Callen of the Arboretum de Chèvreloup, and in 1991 Mr. Augustin Scalbert created a map identifying almost all trees. At that time, the arboretum contained approximately 230 specimens .
Copyright: CC 3.0