L'aqueduc de Louveciennes , sometimes called aqueduc de Marly is an aqueduct built in the 17th century under the reign of Louis XIV, located in Louveciennes . Now out of service, the aqueduct has been listed as a Monument historique since 1953. It was a part of the hydraulic network intended to provide water for the château de Marly and the Gardens of Versailles from the Seine river, using a huge pump called the "Machine de Marly".
The aqueduct consists of 36 arches. Its length is 643m for a width varying from 2 to 4.4m, and a height from 10 to 20 metres.
Copyright: CC 3.0