Places of Interest nearby
Location address: France, Lorraine
Number of texts: 1
The Fort de Bourlémont, or Fort Choiseul, was built between1878 and 1881. The fort was built as part of the Séré de Rivières system of fortifications, which were conceived in response to the increasing power and range of artillery. The Fort de Bourlémont was part of the defenses of the Charmes Gap (Trouée de Charmes), in the town of Mont-lès-Neufchâteau, 3 kilometres (1.9 mi) west of Neufchâteau.