L'Abbaye de l'Epau is a Cistercian abbey founded by Queen Berengaria in 1229. It is located on the outskirts of the city of Le Mans, on the left bank of the Huisne, adjoining the town of Yvré-l'Évêque. The abbey almost disappeared on several occasions, not only due to wars in years gone by, but also due to financial problems suffered more recently. It was saved definitively in 1958 by the General council of the Sarthe.
Copyright: CC 3.0
Pays de la Loire