Igny Abbey (French: Abbaye Notre-Dame d'Igny; translation: "Abbey of Our Lady of Igny"; current: Abbaye N.-D. du Val d'Igny) is a Cistercian abbey located in Arcis-le-Ponsart, Marne, France. It was close to the Premonstratensian abbey, dedicated to S. Euodius. Founded March 12, 1128, it was nicknamed the "Abbey of Saints" before becoming national property. The abbey was destroyed and rebuilt three times. Festival days are celebrated January 26 (holy founders, Robert, Alberic and Stephen), August 19 (Blessed Guerric), and August 20 (St Bernard).
Copyright: CC 3.0