The Mulhouse Zoological and Botanical Park is a French zoological park located in the Grand Est region in the departement of Haut-Rhin, in the southeast of the city of Mulhouse, district of Rebberg. Created in 1868 by philanthropists industrialists, led by Charles Thierry-Mieg son, he was successively the property of the Cercle mulhousien, of the Industrial Society of Mulhouse, and then of the City from 1893. It is now managed by the agglomeration community of Mulhouse region, Mulhouse Alsace Agglomeration. Its director is, since 2010, the veterinary Brice Lefaux.
Located on the edge of the Tannenwald forest, it covers 25 hectares and present more than 900 animals of 170 species, as well as 3,500 plant varieties. Among the major park facilities are the Grand Nord area dedicated to Arctic wildlife and an Asian multispecies pen. The park holds the national label "remarkable garden" of the ministry of Culture for its botanical collections: remarkable trees, irises, peonies and rhododendrons gardens.
Copyright: CC 3.0