The former French Catholic diocese of Senez existed from around the fifth or sixth century, until the French Revolution. Its see was at Senez, in southern France, in the modern department of Alpes-de-Haute-Provence. After the Concordat of 1801 the territory of the diocese was added to that of the diocese of Digne.
Marcellus , the first known bishop of Senez, attended the Council of Agde in 506; nevertheless, Senez must have been an episcopal city as early as 439.
Copyright: Creative Commons 3.0
© 2006-2019 RouteYou - www.routeyou.com