| | Public
Golden Green is a village in the Medway valley near Tonbridge, Kent. It is 1 mile from the larger village of Hadlow and 4 miles from the town of Tonbridge.
Golden Green has a population of around 350. The surrounding area is predominantly agricultural with fruit orchards and cereals as the principal crops. It stands on a ridge, with the River Medway to the south and the River Bourne to the north. Goldhill Mill is the only watermill on the Bourne that retains its machinery. The village is popular with commuters and has many expensive houses. Barnes Street hamlet is located immediately adjacent along the same minor road. The Bell Inn public house is located in the village centre. There are no shops or schools, but the Golden Green Mission Church—a Grade II-listed tin tabernacle opened in about 1914—serves Anglican worshippers. It is a chapel of ease to St. Mary's Church, Hadlow.
Copyright: Creative Commons 3.0
© 2006-2020 RouteYou - www.routeyou.com