The church of Sarratt was featured in the film Four Weddings and a Funeral. In the novels of John le Carré, Sarratt was the fictional location of a major establishment of the British intelligence service.
The River Chess passes through the village. The flint and brick Church of the Holy Cross was founded in 1190 in the hamlet of Sarratt. From the 17th century a large linear village known as Sarratt Green developed nearly a mile away. It is now simply called Sarratt and the original hamlet is now known as Church End.