Chilton Polden is a rural village and civil parish, situated close to Edington on the Somerset Levels to the north of the Polden Hills in the Sedgemoor district of Somerset, England.
The name of the village is thought to derive from its position on limestone and from the hill on which part of the parish lies. The form Chelton upon Poledowne is found in 1664. The Polden estate was given to Glastonbury Abbey by Æthelheard of Wessex in 729.
Copyright: Creative Commons 3.0
Chilton Polden, Sedgemoor, United Kingdom
© 2006-2020 RouteYou - www.routeyou.com