Walton is at the southwest edge of the town, next to the parish of Stockton Heath. It is also close to Daresbury and Moore, although these are in the neighbouring borough of Halton. Walton is part of the council ward of Hatton, Stretton and Walton.
Walton is divided into Lower Walton and Higher Walton. Higher Walton is south-west of Lower Walton, and is the location of Walton Hall. The estate of Walton Hall and its surrounding gardens, previously owned by the Greenall family, was bought by Warrington Borough Council in 1941 and is now a park with a zoo and municipal golf course.
Copyright: Creative Commons 3.0
Walton, Warrington, United Kingdom
© 2006-2020 RouteYou - www.routeyou.com