Girton is a village and civil parish in Nottinghamshire, England. According to the 2001 census it had a population of 143, reducing slightly to 140 at the 2011 Census. It is located 17 miles west of Lincoln.
The parish church of St Cecilia is a small aisleless church almost totally rebuilt in 1879. Fleet Cottage is a rare example of an early north-east Nottinghamshire cottage of the 17th century, with a timber-framed upper storey on a limestone ground floor.
Girton has many floodplains from the River Trent that support many species of plants and wildlife such as Meadow Foxtail and meadowsweet
Copyright: Creative Commons 3.0
Girton, Newark and Sherwood, United Kingdom
© 2006-2020 RouteYou - www.routeyou.com