Maryculter House is a historic house in the village of Maryculter, or Kirkton of Maryculter, in the Lower Deeside area of Aberdeenshire, Scotland.
Lying along both banks of the River Dee, the Lands of Culter originally included the parishes of Peterculter and Maryculter. These were in the jurisdiction of the monks of Kelso. However, about the year 1187, William the Lion granted the portion of the Culter lands on the south bank of the river to the Knights Templar.
Copyright: Creative Commons 3.0
South Deeside Road, AB12 5GB Maryculter, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
© 2006-2020 RouteYou - www.routeyou.com