Places of Interest nearby
Number of texts: 1
Tring Park grounds are on our right as we descend into Tring.
Tring park was purchased by Baron Lionel de Rothschild to serve as his principal country residence in 1872.
Walter Rothschild Zoological Museum was built in the grounds in 1889 by Lionel Walter, 2nd Baron Rothschild to house his private collection of stuffed mammals, birds, reptiles and insects. It was first opened to the public in 1892 and is now part of the Natural History Museum pictured here.