Places of Interest nearby
Location address: London
Number of texts: 2
The Dutch connection of the Dutch Chuch goes back to 1550 when King Edward VI gave Protestant refugees from the Low Countries (Netherlands and Belgium) permission to establish their own parish. It is as such the oldest Dutch-language Protestant church in the world.
In 1940, the building of the Dutch Church was destroyed during the Blitz, but in 1950 a new church was built to the design of Arthur Bailey.