George Heriot's School is a leading British independent primary and secondary school on Lauriston Place in the Old Town of Edinburgh. It was established in 1628 as George Heriot's Hospital, by bequest of the royal goldsmith George Heriot and opened in 1659.
The main building of the school is notable for its renaissance architecture. In 1676, Sir William Bruce drew up plans for the completion of Heriot's Hospital. The school is a turreted building surrounding a large quadrangle, and built out of sandstone.
City of Edinburgh