Places of Interest nearby
Location address: United Kingdom, Alderney
Number of texts: 1
Alderney Airport (IATA: ACI, ICAO: EGJA) is the only airport on the island of Alderney. Built in 1935, Alderney Airport was the first airport in the Channel Islands. Located on the Blaye (1 NM (1.9 km; 1.2 mi) southwest of St Anne), it is the closest Channel Island airport to the south coast of England and the coast of France. Its facilities include a hangar, the Airport Fire Station and low cost, duty-free and tax-free Avgas refuelling. In 2011 the airport handled 69,546 passengers and 7,420 total movements , a significant decrease compared to 2010 figures.