Uddingston railway station serves the town of Uddingston, South Lanarkshire, Scotland. The station is located on the Argyle Line and Shotts Line. Passenger services are provided by Abellio ScotRail.
The station was opened as Uddingston by the Clydesdale Junction Railway on 1 June 1849. Following nationalisation of the UK railway network in 1948, the station was renamed Uddingston Central by British Railways to avoid confusion with the nearby Glasgow, Bothwell, Hamilton and Coatbridge Railway station also of the same name, renamed Uddingston East the following year, only to close in 1955. At some time prior to, or during, electrification of the Cathcart Circle Lines and the Clydesdale Junction Railway from Newton to Motherwell the station name reverted to Uddingston.
Copyright: Creative Commons 3.0
South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
© 2006-2020 RouteYou - www.routeyou.com