| | Public
The street lies just south of the old town wall and was laid out in 1650 to develop the Town Marsh, the area then lying between the south or Marsh Wall and the Avon. The north side was developed first and the south side in 1663, when the street was named after Charles II.
Queen Square lies just to the south of King Street, and a small 21st century open space connects the west end of King Street to the north-west corner of Queen Square.
Copyright: Creative Commons 3.0
City of Bristol, United Kingdom
© 2006-2020 RouteYou - www.routeyou.com