The school opened in 1958 by Earl Attlee former Prime Minister. Its first Headmaster was John Luget from 1956 to 1976. In 2005, it was rebuilt under a Private Finance Initiative. As of January 2012, it had 739 students. The school has achieved Art College status which increases the funding that the school receives for art-related studies. A number of projects have spawned from the receiving of Art College status. These include piloting the Community Transformers scheme. It became an academy on 1 June 2012.
Copyright: CC 3.0
City of Bristol