Blake Hall is a disused former station on the London Underground in the civil parish of Stanford Rivers, and south from the village of Bobbingworth in Essex, approximately 24 miles northeast of Charing Cross. It was latterly on the Central line, between North Weald and Ongar, but was originally served by the Epping to Ongar shuttle service branch line.
It was opened in 1865 and named after Blake Hall, a country house located a mile or so to the northeast and inhabited by a family of substantial local land-owners. The station was closed in 1981.
Copyright: Creative Commons 3.0
Epping Forest, United Kingdom
© 2006-2020 RouteYou - www.routeyou.com