Woodlands Academy (formerly The Woodlands School and Sports College) is a boys secondary school with academy status situated in west Coventry in the West Midlands, England. The school was purpose-built in 1954 as one of the first comprehensive schools in the country, by the collaboration of two local educational establishments, Templars School and Coventry Technical College. It opened on the morning of 21 September 1954. Historic links to these two can be seen in The Woodlands School coat of arms. Pupils are aged between 11 to 18. It has remained a boys school; girls go to the nearby Tile Hill Wood School. In 2003, the school was awarded specialist status as a Sports College.
Copyright: CC 3.0