| | Public
Lower Pontnewydd railway station was a railway station in the village of Pontnewydd in Torfaen, South Wales, UK, originally opened by the Pontypool, Caerleon and Newport Railway.
The station was opened as "Pontnewydd" by the Pontypool, Caerleon and Newport Railway on 21 December 1874. After a period of temporary closure between 1917 and 1919, the station was renamed "Lower Pontnewydd" on 1 July 1925 to distinguish it from Upper Pontnewydd to the west on the Monmouthshire Railway and Canal. The station closed to passengers on 9 June 1958, with the goods yard remaining in use until 25 January 1965.
Copyright: Creative Commons 3.0
Torfaen, United Kingdom
© 2006-2020 RouteYou - www.routeyou.com