Flamborough Head is a promontory of 8 miles (13 km) on the Yorkshire coast of England, between the Filey and Bridlington bays of the North Sea. It is a chalk headland, with sheer white cliffs. The cliff top has two standing lighthouse towers, the first dating to 1669 and Flamborough Head Lighthouse built in 1806. The former was designated in 1952 by English Heritage as a Grade II* listed building. The cliffs themselves provide nesting sites for many thousands of seabirds, and are of international significance for their geology.
Copyright: CC 3.0
East Riding of Yorkshire