All Saints' Church, Runcorn, is the parish church of Runcorn, Cheshire, England, and stands on the south bank of the River Mersey overlooking Runcorn Gap. There is a tradition that the first church on the site was founded by Ethelfleda in 915. This was later replaced, probably around 1250, by a medieval church that was altered and extended in the 14th and 15th centuries. By the 19th century the structure of this church had deteriorated and become dangerous, and it was replaced by a new church designed by Anthony Salvin in 1847–49.
Copyright: CC 3.0