New Shute House is a late Palladian country house built between 1785 and 1789 by Sir John de la Pole, 6th Baronet (1757–1799) and is situated within the grounds of Old Shute House, in the parish of Shute, near Axminster, East Devon. It was given Grade II* listing on 8 May 1967. It was vacated by the Pole family in 1926 and was let between 1933 to 1974 to a girls' school. In 1974 it was sold by the family to a developer who converted it, together with stables and outbuildings, into 8 freehold apartments. It remains in private ownership and the main block has now been converted back into a single residence from the two vertically divided apartments created in 1974.
Copyright: CC 3.0