St Marylebone Parish Church is an Anglican church on the Marylebone Road in London. It was built to the designs of Thomas Hardwick in 1813-17. The present site is the third used by the parish for its church. The first was further south, near Oxford Street. The church there was demolished in 1400 and a new one erected further north. This was completely rebuilt in 1740-42, and converted into a chapel-of-ease when Hardwick's church was constructed. The Marylebone area takes its name from the church.
Copyright: CC 3.0