Ingram House is a historic building in the district of Bootham, York, England. It was built as an almshouse for ten poor widows between 1630 and 1640 by real estate developer and politician Sir Arthur Ingram and was originally known as Ingram's Hospital. It was damaged during the Siege of York and was restored in 1649. It is the most important mid-seventeenth century building in Bootham, pre-classical and composed of eleven bays of two low storeys, but with a four-storey central tower. The middle doorway dates back to the Norman period, and is believed to have once been a doorway to Holy Trinity Priory.
Copyright: CC 3.0